Deadline: 1 Aug 2022.
- Use native built-in options and elements of your chosen solution as much as possible.
- Try to make the hero headline and description dynamic using ACF or Meta Box Options/Settings page. This is optional.
- Newsletter need not be a working one.
- We are doing just the homepage.
- Use the images on the reference page as is w/o any optimizations to them using software or plugins.
- Do not install any caching, minification, optimization plugins etc.
- The built page should be responsive, needless to say. Use your best judgement as to when elements should begin stacking. It need not exactly match the design.
- The pricing table should be interactive i.e., with a working switcher.
- These sections/elements should be dynamic:
- Quotes (Testimonial Slider)
- Blog posts
- Header and Footer nav menus
Just for fun and for the sake of common interest we will be checking:
- site speed metrics;
- the level of dynamic data used
- also the accuracy of the design implemented.
If you want to, prepare notes on any difficulties/challenges you faced during the build, how you solved/worked around them, any tips you would like to share.
This is the post in FB where Sridhar Katakam posted about the idea of such project and made a call for volunteers: https://www.facebook.com/groups/dynamicwordpress/posts/1058615648427252/ Vitalii Kiiko offered using the domain wpbuildersfightclub.org. The domain was registered a long before that event for a kind of similar concept project. But similar in general, nothing specific.
Initial volunteers: Abdul Maajied Abrahams, Blue Li, Daniel Raghu, David McCan, Elvis Krstulović, Fernando Ortiz, Filip Steficar, Kevin Pauls, Marko Krstic, Maxime Beguin, Sridhar Katakam, Trisha Cupra, Vitaliy Kiyko. Also participants: Matjaz Trontelj, Michael Huz, Nelson Therrien, Raitis Sevelis.